How can a student apply for SCC counseling services?


Students can apply for SCC counseling services through the student portal by clicking the link for "Counseling" in the Student Resources section.


Additional information:

Julie Turner and Sarah Dame, Counselors with the Department of Mental Health, are here on campus to provide counseling services to better serve SCC students. They are located in the Powers Building, in the back of the Student HUB near the food pantry, in offices C5A and C5B. Hours of operation are Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

  • Students can receive up to three sessions with the costs waived. If a student has insurance, they need to provide that information after the initial intake appointment so insurance can be billed.
  • If a student has no insurance or has insurance and does not want it to be billed due to privacy concerns, the student can identify as a self-pay and receive those first three sessions at no cost to them. (Those costs are covered by SCC and DMH.)
  • After three sessions, students should expect to pay a copay if they have insurance or should apply for financial assistance with the Department of Mental Health and receive a possible fee reduction based on income. Costs tend to be very affordable. Investment in your well-being is important!
  • If students cannot afford to pay the full amount of their services, they can continue with DMH services as long as they are making small payments on their accounts. DMH does not deny services based on financial reasons. 


  • Last Updated Apr 29, 2024
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Elizabeth Cox

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0

Questions? Ask a Librarian

ask a librarian email questions


hours  Library Hours
call us  Call 864.592.4764
text us  Text 864.756.8008
ask a question  Ask a Question